1 package (17.3 ounces) puff pastry sheets, thawed (500g)
1 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 4z. /115g)
1 package sliced peameal bacon, cooked and chopped fine
½ cup prepared ranch salad dressing (125 mL)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (30 mL)
1. Heat the oven to 400°F.
2. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
3. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12x12-inch (30cm X 30cm) square.
4. Cut into 36 (2” (1cm) squares.
5. Prick the pastry squares with a fork.
6. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 72 squares in all. Place the squares onto baking sheets. Bake for 8 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
7. Using the back of a spoon, press down the centers of the hot pastries to make an indentation. Spoon about ½ teaspoon each cheese and peameal bacon onto each pastry.
8. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
9. Top with the dressing and chives.