1 lb (500 g) pork loin, pork leg or pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
1/2 cup (125 mL) apple juice
3 tbsp (50 mL) Dijon mustard
2 tbsp (25 mL) honey
1 large pear, cut into 4 wedges
1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 sweet green or red pepper, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
1 zucchini, sliced
1. Place pork cubes in a plastic bag, non-metal bowl or sealable container. In a separate bowl, combine apple juice, Dijon mustard and honey, and pour over pork. Seal or cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
2. If using bamboo skewers, presoak in water 1 hour.
3. Drain marinade into a small saucepan; bring to a boil and boil for at least 1 minute. Thread pork cubes onto skewers, alternating with pieces of pear, red onion, green or red peppers and zucchini.
4. Preheat barbecue on high; reduce temperature to medium. Place kebabs on grill and brush with marinade; close barbecue cover and grill 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with marinade.
5. Serve with your favourite rice.
*Note: If serving to young children, remove the skewers and cut pieces into even smaller cubes or strips if necessary.